Connect with us

Uncategorized

Rihanna like Lady Gaga is accused of plagiarism

Published

on

<![CDATA[Celebrities At The Los Angeles Clippers Game

Popular musician Rihanna has been accused of plagiarism by an R&B performer Just Brittany. According to Gossip cop ‘Rihanna is being accused of stealing ‘B**ch Better Have my money.’ A number of internet observers and news outlets are pointing to similarities between the superstar’s new track and ‘ Better Have my money’ released last year by Houston based R&B performer Just Brittany.’

Despite the criticisms by fans that largely were not moved by the song, Rihanna against all odds was able to pull it off by hitting No 1 on I- Tunes for more than a week before dropping to No2. The song may be in the top 10 on billboard hot 100 next week.

It is feared that like Lady Gaga the accusation of plagiarism will hurt her career as it did to Lady Gaga. Before Lady Gaga was accused of plagiarism, she was the hottest pop star on the planet. Gaga who was destined for a long career at the top of music, but fell off after the plagiarism accusation.

It is feared that Rihanna may go the way of Lady Gaga and adversely affected if Just Brittany decides to go to court. In 2015, the court gave judgement against Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams who scored one of the biggest hits of all time with ‘blurred lives’ as similar to ‘got to give it up’ by Marvin Gaye which has encouraged others to seek justice for plagiarism.

 ]]>

Advertisement
Click to comment
avatar
  Subscribe  
Notify of

Featured

Many trapped as building collapses in Ikoyi

Published

on

Many artisans were Friday evening feared killed after a building under construction collapsed in Lagos.

The incident occurred at 4:10pm around Glover Court Ikoyi.

It was gathered that the two-storey building caved in the course of decking the second floor.

Although the cause of the collapse was yet to be ascertained, sources said it could be as a result of substandard materials.

Chief Executive Officer of the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) Dr. Femi Oke-Osayintolu said the number of persons trapped was yet to be ascertained.

“LASEMA has already activated the Lagos Emergency Response Plan for all first responders to move to the site of the collapsed building. Lagosians within the vicinity of the incident have been enjoined to stay calm and allow emergency responders to do their job.

“We are yet to know the number of persons trapped but I can tell you it was an uncompleted building and workers were on-site,” he said.

Oke-Osayintolu also said that LASEMA and the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA) have evacuated and disposed of the rotten edible items found in five containers at Sifax, off Dock Nigeria Limited in Apapa.

He said the evacuation followed inspection of the containers after residents raised an alarm of a stench and release of toxic gas into the environment.

The LASEMA boss said: “A joint action team comprising the DG/CEO LASEMA and GM LASEPA has conducted an on the site inspection of the containers. The joint team discovered edibles including fish which had become rotten due to faulty refrigerators.

“The absence of emergency action preparedness plan and appropriate safety measures in place to curtail such incidence and guard against reoccurrence was observed.

“A total of 25 containers were located. Five containers laden with edibles have faulty refrigerators. The edibles have therefore defrosted and have become rotten causing severe health hazards to the environment.

“Thirteen houses are located on the street where the containers are located, leaving a huge impact on house numbers 2, 4, 6 and 8 Trinity Close Apapa. LASEMA and LASEPA have evacuated and disposed of the rotten items.”

Continue Reading

Featured

Jilted 25-year-old man drinks sniper, dies

Published

on

A 25-year-old man, Kehinde Muse, has committed suicide after his girlfriend, Rasheedat Animashaun, broke up with him.

The PUNCH learned that the deceased had sent a text message to 21-year-old Animashaun, informing her of his decision to kill himself.

The girlfriend was said to have informed his family members, as they all rushed to his house on Modele Street, Surulere.

However, by the time they arrived at the house, Muse had been unconscious.

He was rushed to the hospital, where he was confirmed dead.

The police spokesman, Bala Elkana, confirmed the incident.

He said, “On Wednesday, around 6.30pm, Surulere Police Station received information that one Kehinde Muse locked himself in his room and drank poisonous substance known as sniper. He was rushed to the hospital, but died on arrival. ”

Preliminary investigation revealed that the deceased had earlier sent a text message to his ex-girlfriend, Rasheedat Animashaun, informing her that he will take his life since she decided to quit the relationship.

“The ex-girlfriend promptly informed his family about the text message he sent to her and they rushed to his house, broke down the door and found him unconscious.

“He was rushed to the hospital, but was unable to make it. His corpse has been deposited in the mortuary for autopsy.”

Continue Reading

Featured

Troops frustrate terrorists attack on Gubio and Magumeri markets

Published

on

The attention of the Nigerian Army in the Theatre of Operation Lafiya Dole has been drawn to reports on various media platforms indicating an attack on Gubio and Magumeri communities in Borno State at about 1735hrs of Wednesday the 21st of August, 2019.

To avoid further misinformation that could create unnecessary tension, the Theatre Command wishes to state that the attack was targeted at Nigerian Army troops deployed in the areas to enable the terrorists to gain access shops in the market in the towns to loot food items and other logistics. The attack was however repelled by the troops.

Consequently, due to the fierce exchange of fire, the terrorists were forced to withdraw in disarray from the town resulting in damages on buildings and property along their route of withdrawal.

There were no casualty on the security force (troops) and no loss or damage to own equipment as wrongly insinuated on social media. However, a vigilante sadly lost his life in a crossfire. Also, some civilians in the area reportedly sustained various degrees of injuries.

Peace has so far been restored in the communities with residents going about their lawful businesses.

The Nigerian Army once again call on all well-meaning members of the public to collaborate with the military and other security agencies in the area of sharing of information and suspicious movement of criminals in their communities to proactively deal with criminal activities.

Ado ISA
Colonel
Deputy Director Army Public Relations, 7 Division
22 Aug 2019

Continue Reading

Trending